You have a french bulldog and you want to know what the best way is to track them? If so, then read this blog post. It will give you all the information that you need in order to make an informed decision and find the best GPS tracker for a french bulldog.
The first option for tracking your Frenchie is by using a smartphone app such as Find My Friends or Life 360.
These apps allow you to set up geofences that alert when the dog leaves one area and enters another.
This could be especially useful if they are prone to running off after any small animal that catches their eye or exploring on their own accord! Another option for tracking your Frenchies location would be with GPS collars.
What are some features to look for in a GPS tracker
A GPS dog tracker can be a lifesaver for your furry friend. Features to look for in one are waterproof, durable, and shock-resistant with unlimited range that is LIVE and default tracking (location updates every 2-4 seconds or more depending on what you need) so you know where they’re at all the time!
There’s also mobile app access as well as web application which means everywhere there’s an internet connection is fair game.
Subscription plans will help keep costs down but if only want it occasionally then just opt out of those features when purchasing the device – no worries!
Activity monitoring lets owners see how active their pup has been throughout each day while family & public sharing allows others like caregivers or pet sitters alike have permission to.
Why should you get your dog a GPS tracker
The benefits of investing in a dog tracker are pretty self-explanatory. GPS trackers help you stay in touch with your pet’s current location at all times, which is nice to know if they accidentally get lost or go missing for any reason.
Moreover, these activity trackers also allow you to continuously keep them safe and within a designated safe space – so no more worrying about the furry family member who always manages to slip out when left unattended!
How can I track my French Bulldog with GPS?
The GPS tracker is a device that locates where you are and sends it to servers with your smartphone, just like sending an SMS.
The calculated location coordinates from the device go through satellites in space before being sent back down as well as over any range because of two-way satellite communication on either side so if one signal gets blocked then there will still be another open signal.
So you can track and find where your Frenchie is from your smartphone.
How to choose the best type of tracking device for your dog
Choosing the right GPS tracker for your canine can be tricky. If it’s too big, they may experience neck or back pain; if it’s too small, there are three problems: a short battery life span (about 8 hours), limited tracking range (-50 ft.), and no waterproofing!
Most pets enjoy the outdoors as much as their owners, but it can be difficult to track them at all times with a GPS device.
If you’re an outdoor parent yourself and want your pet’s tracking device battery life to last throughout long hikes or walks in the park, Make sure you choose the right battery life for your needs.
Best GPS tracker for a french bulldog
Petfon pet GPS tracker
Petfon GPS tracker is the best way to keep track of your pet’s whereabouts. This location system uses a mobile app that can help you locate your pet using GPS coordinates and provides real-time information about his location, speed, and activity.
Petfon is easy to use; just download the app and attach this small device to your french bulldog’s collar.
The Petfon device will send information about your pet’s whereabouts directly to your phone. You can also set geofences (a virtual border) around areas where you want to be notified if your pet is on the move.
- 🐕NO MONTHLY FEE, ANTI-LOST RADAR SERCHING: Petfon GPS tracker is free of any service fee or monthly fee.The small, durable, and rainproof device allows you to track your pet's activity and pinpoint his/her location in real time. Petfon GPS tracker combines GPS, WiFi, bluetooth, and long distance wireless technologies for accurate real-time positioning.The unique Rada serching feature can help you find the direction of the lost dogs.
- 🐕REAL-TIME & LONG DISTANCE TRACKING: Petfon GPS Tracker is easy to install and use. Just download the Petfon app and follow the instructions. With the app, you can view your pet's activities and pinpoint his location at any time. The tracking ranges can be up to 0.65 miles in downtown/dense space and 3.5 miles in an open environment. But it will be effected by surarroundings.
- 🐕GEOFENCING,MULTICOLOR ALERT,CUSTOMIZABLE VOICE COMMAND: With Petfon GPS tracker you can define a safe area around your pet's location and get notified instantly if your pet leaves that area. You can also activate the colorful lights on the GPS tracker to locate your pet more easily in dim light or at night time. Voice commands can be recorded and stored on the tracker to communicate with your pets remotely.
- 🐕LONG STANDBY BATTERY,LIGHT WEIGHT & RAINPROOF: The Petfon GPS tracker is small and durable (42mm*42mm*18mm, Weight: 27.6g). The rainproof feature enables it to work in wet weather but do not working for swimming. Petfon GPS Tracker's battery can last up to 8-16 hours and comes with a compact charging station. It can recharge the device multiple times, which is perfect for going off the grid.
- 🐕Different from Petfon1, Petfon2 is blue rather than grey, and it is sturdier and more dirt resistant. Petfon2 firmware and software have been optimized so it is more sensitive & stable. The tracking distance is 15% further and the initial positioning time is 10 seconds shorter than Petfon1, which makes the tracking quicker and more accurate.
Tracki is a small, lightweight GPS tracking device that you can use to track anything anywhere in the world.
Tracki has been on the market for 5 years and is used by thousands of people around the globe.
It comes with SIM card included and works worldwide.
Tracki attaches to anything you want to keep track of: pets, children, cars, bikes, luggage, etc.. You can also attach it directly to your body or clothing with the belt clip or keychain attachment (included). The Tracki app will help you locate and track whatever you attached it too.
- Unlimited distance real time tracking. Monthly fee is required. Full USA & all countries worldwide coverage. International SIM card included. Track Vehicles, Cars, trucks, Children, dogs, elderly, motorcycle, ATV, boat, equipment, tools, assets, car fleets, valuable belonging. Monthly fee of 19.95USD is required. Also available prepaid long-term plans for 16.60, 13.95 or 9.95USD. (See more details about the monthly fee at the end of the big paragraph)
- Tracki is super small (1.75x1.5x0.55in) and super light (1.26 oz). Comes with embedded built in SIM card included and works worldwide. Included attachments: Strong magnet, Dog collar water resistant silicone cover, Belt clip, Key-chain, lanyard. 5 years history. We believe customer is King and provide live 7 days a week phone advisors.
- Rechargeable battery life is 2-3 days (the more it moves the lesser the days) tracking real time every 1-5 minutes. If real time tracking is not needed, battery lasts 30-75 days tracking 1-3 times per day (using battery save mode). Optional accessory (not included ASIN B07YVNV82V) comes with 6 times longer life 3,500mAh battery + magnetic waterproof box, extends battery life to 2 weeks at 1 min update and up to 10 months tracking once a day
- Works with GPS satellites when outdoors as primary tracking technology and when indoors Wi-Fi as a secondary backup tracking. Tracki listens to nearby Wi-Fi routers MAC ID, matching IDs to Wi-Fi database for accurate location when GPS is not available. See the tracking live on the map including compatible with Google Street view. Get real-time alerts when the tracker crosses a Geo-fence zone you set. Receive SOS, low battery, speeding, start moving alerts via App notification, SMS or email
- Lifetime warranty including lost or damaged devices. Tracki is cutting-edge & easy to set up working out-of-the-box within a few minutes. Tracki comes included with highly rated smart phone Apps compatible with: Android, iOS and all Internet browsers. Monthly fee of 19.95USD is required. Also available prepaid long-term plans for 16.60, 13.95 or 9.95USD
Tractive GPS for dogs uses a combination of GPS tracking and cellular network technology to track your dog’s every move.
This is the best way to know that your furry friend is safe and sound, even when you’re not around.
Tractive GPS uses a small device attached to your dog’s collar which tracks their location using both GPS and 3G/4G networks.
You can then view this information on the free Tractive Dog app, where you’ll find an interactive map showing exactly where your dog is.
- LIVE TRACKING & LOCATION HISTORY - Follow your furry friend's every step in real-time on your phone. See where your dog has been and what they've been up to.
- VIRTUAL FENCE - Mark safe spaces, like your garden, and know the moment your dog leaves one - and when they come back safely.
- ALL-DAY ACTIVITY MONITORING - Track active time, rest and calories burned. Set fitness goals. Keep your buddy in great shape with Tractive GPS for dogs.
- SMALL, LIGHTWEIGHT & 100% WATERPROOF - Running through the forest, rolling in the mud or a dip in the lake are no problem for Tractive.
- WORLDWIDE LOCATION TRACKING - Use your GPS tracker for dogs throughout the USA, Canada and 150 other countries. Manage all features via the free Tractive GPS app for iOS and Android or in any browser.
DOGTRA PATHFINDER TRX is a GPS tracking collar that offers 9-mile range, 2 second update rate, and no correction.
It comes with many features including Google Maps tracking, Offline maps mode, and an easy way to share your dog’s location with family members using the DOGTRA app. The Tracking Mode uses the Pathfinder’s GPS receiver to track your dog’s exact movements while you are away from them.
And the Collar Locator feature allows you to find your pet’s collar. Geo-fencing and no subscription.
- 9-MILE RANGE: This PATHFINDER is built with a GPS e-collar and can be used concurrently with Google Maps in normal, terrain, and satellite view mode. It also has a range of nine miles, a tracking mode, and a two-second GPS update rate. A variety of map options, such as Offline Maps mode, are used to track your dog. The Offline Maps mode is completely free to download, has no hidden or extra fees, and can be downloaded via the PATHFINDER app.
- NO CORRECTION: Dogtra’s PATHFINDER TRX tracking collar does not come with any correction and provides easy location sharing for dogs and dog owners. It’s fully waterproof and the most accurate and responsive way to track your dog without using any correction reinforcement training.
- UKC, AKC, and PKC APPROVED: This tracking collar is perfect for any working, hunting, or competitive situations and is approved for UKC, AKC, and PKC events, because there is no correction output on this GPS-only tracking collar.
- TRACKING: The PATHFINDER TRX provides a fast, industry-leading two-second update rate and powerful zoom capability which provides greater live-action detail and accuracy in the field via the PATHFINDER app. Create customizable Geo-Fence alerts, use the Offline Maps mode, and more with this essential tracking collar
- DOG SIZING: This tracking collar is perfect for dogs that are 35 lbs. or more. With the ability to expand to 21 dogs, you’ll be able to track multiple dogs at once while out on the hunt.
Garmin Alpha 200i/TT
The Garmin Alpha 200i/TT Bundle includes the TT 15 Dog Device – a top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver that uses 18 levels of continuous momentary stimulation, plus audible tone and vibration, activated from accompanying Alpha 200i Handheld.
The Alpha 200i displays active dogs on an easy-to-read 3.5” capacitive touchscreen display with button-operated dog management for quick adjustments and updates.
Easily set up and monitor up to 20 dogs from up to 9 miles away.
It also provides users with a comprehensive set of global navigation and communication features, including direct two-way messaging via the Iridium satellite network.
It also offers preloaded TOPOActive maps, high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS reception, a 3-axis electronic compass with barometric altimeter for precise elevation readings.
- Bundle includes TT 15 Dog Device – a top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver that uses 18 levels of continuous momentary stimulation, plus audible tone and vibration, activated from accompanying Alpha 200i Handheld
- Features sunlight-readable 3.5” capacitive touchscreen display and a button-operated, dog-focused design for quick, minor adjustments
- Easily set up and monitor up to 20 dogs from up to 9 miles away with a 2.5-second update rate by using multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS and Galileo)
- Dog list and group management lets you keep inactive dogs in the system for easier setup
- Interactive SOS alerts and two-way messaging via the 100% global Iridium satellite network (active satellite subscription required; jurisdiction restrictions may apply)
A GPS tracker for a french bulldog is an amazing invention that can help you keep your pet safe and sound at all times.
Many people have found the peace of mind this device brings to be well worth its cost, which might seem steep at first but isn’t when considering how much it can save in vet bills or just from worry about where Fido has gone off to.
Last update on 2021-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API