When you own dogs, caring for them doesn’t stop with feeding, but you need to make sure that they are comfortable, safe, and healthy under your care. Even if, at times, they mess up some of your furniture with their hair shed and their drool, so here’s a guide with The Best Elevated Dog Beds For French Bulldogs (2021).
With comfort, French bulldogs have the same requirement. When you have Frenchies, you want to have the best space in your home for them, and provide them with a comfortable bed to sleep in.
Here appears elevated dog beds that are getting popular because of the high comfort and relaxation it provides to dogs. It has features and offers benefits that are helpful to your pets, such as.
Provide a perfect air circulation
Air circulation is important so that your pooch can lie down on the bed without feeling discomfort from the scorching heat, especially during summer. Since the beds are elevated, air circulates, and the bed won’t develop any odor because of the proper air circulation.
No chance for chewing
Dogs have an annoying habit of chewing on things, even if it is their own bed. They will try to get a taste of that cushion, and if there is protruding stuff or any materials, they see on their bed, that is as good as a chew toy to them.
What is good about elevated dog beds is that they are made to withstand chewing from dogs, highly durable, and will not easily tear with your dog’s first try at it.
You may need to clean your dog beds at times so they will stay fresh smelling and will keep it looking sanitary. They manufacture raised dog beds to resist dirt and water, so some wipes and wet cloth can do the trick.
Sturdy and Durable
Although these raised beds are designed for your dogs, they are manufactured with longevity in mind. The beds have simple designs, but each is made meticulously, so they can withstand some impact and can last for years.
Perfect for senior dogs
When you have senior dogs, you know they require the best care, so they will stay comfortable during old age.
With the use of raised beds equipped with foam mattresses specifically to help with your dog’s joint health and the cushion that offers high support, you are giving your dog the best care there is.
Their comfort will also come first, and this is true even for young or old dogs alike.
There are a few things you have to consider when buying raised beds, such as:
Rubber feet are ideal for raised dog beds cause it provides stability to the bed and will keep it level, providing the right support for your Frenchie’s weight.
The non-rubberized stand can be risky for dogs to jump into, cause of the risk of it sliding or tipping sideways. Rubber can also prevent any scratches and unsightly marks on your floor.
Although your Frenchie may be small, they have a rounder body. It is ideal to get a raised bed that will not be too high for them to get into, and it should have ample space for them to move around while they sleep.
There is a choice of elevated dog beds that are also foldable and lightweight, so bringing them with you during vacation is possible, and they can be moved around the house without too much effort.
You can choose from available designs.
Check the material used for the raised bed. Sometimes it will cost less but may compromise the material used.
If they make it of aluminum or steel, then this is ideal cause these materials are more durable compared to PVC frames.
Cleaning and Maintenance
When you pick an elevated dog bed for your Frenchie, choose one that is easy to clean or covering should be washable. The canvass is ideal as it is easy to clean, which will make it simple to wipe off debris, dirt, and grime.
There is also waterproof material that even if you spray it with a bit of water to rub off the dirt, it will not be affected.
Air drying your dog bed from time to time is also ideal, as it will help prevent the potential growth of mildew or mold that usually starts with a moist and damp dog bed.
Indoor or Outdoor use?
You need to consider where you will place the dog bed cause if you are to place it outside, it should be resistant to the weather, so the material used is important. Materials that will not rust are significant and should be highly durable. The bed should be able to withstand some exposure to sunlight.
Things to avoid when purchasing a dog bed
Wrong size for an affordable price
Some dog owners may think that their dogs can get themselves in a bed half their size. They will be enthusiastic about buying such a bed because of the design, can be because of the cheap price, or it is on sale with some inclusion of freebies.
This should not be the case when buying a bed for your dog because you are not saving money, but you will spend more eventually when your dog doesn’t use the bed at all because of its wrong size. It may also last for one or two uses because of its cheap price.
Hard to wash cushion or beds without cover
Some dog beds may look elegant and classy when you buy them. It has all the perfect quality you will seek in a dog bed, but once it gets all dirty with dust and grime sticking to the foam and cushion, you won’t be seeing it the same way. This dirt will also stick to your dog and can even cause them to smell.
Dog beds that are hard to wash can also have bacteria thriving on them eventually and will pass off to your dog.
The best consideration when buying your Frenchie’s bed is to look for a cushion with removable and washable covers. If it is not removable, ensure that the fabric or the material used is easy to clean or even wipe with a damp cloth and can be air-dried, so it will always look clean and fresh.
Here are some samples of the best-elevated dog beds for this year
Pet Bed by Coolaroo
The company that has paved the way for dogs to have their raised bed is called Coolaroo, an Australian Firm. They are the original manufacturer of elevated dog beds. They have started the production of gardening products and outdoor lifestyle equipment.
Coolaroo boasts of a product raised off the ground so your dog can still have air circulation from all sides so they will have high comfort while using their beds.
They make the bed from HDPE fabric, known for its durability while being breathable. Also, bed surfaces are made highly flexible, so it lessens the stress on your Frenchie’s shoulder, knee and elbow.
The company also makes sure that the product is lightweight as they used a powder-coated steel frame that prevents it from rusting, can be used outdoors, even in extreme weather, plus can withstand impact made by the dogs.
Boasting eco-friendly materials that are recyclable and safe for dogs, the company ensures that they have adhered to the industry standard required during the manufacture of this product.
- It can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Provide necessary air circulation on all sides.
- It can resist the growth of mold and mildews and can prevent any mites and flies from sticking to the fabric.
- Made to be durable and has a lightweight quality.
- It requires simple cleaning and maintenance.
- Off-the-ground design promotes and increases air flow on all sides of the bed, keeping your pet cool (Elevates pets more than 7 in. off the ground)
- Suspended platform provides added comfort by creating low-impact areas to pressure points and joints
- Breathable high density polyethylene (HDPE) fabric that helps eliminate hot spots
- Flea, mite, mold and mildew resistant
- Easy to wash and maintain
Oxgord Paws and Pals Raised Pet Bed
For a more affordable choice you can pick for your Frenchie, this is not one to miss.
The Oxgord Paws and Pals raised bed is manufactured using a polyester mesh fabric bedding that is mounted with a tubular steel frame to double the comfort it will provide to your pooch.
Though they make it with durability in mind, it is still highly breathable for improved air circulation. They make fabrics water proof, easy to clean, and can resist mold and mildew.
Cleaning is simple with soap and water, and no need for a harsh cleaning solution. Also, you can place it outdoors or indoors, depending on where you want your Frenchie to be. This raised dog bed will not disappoint, considering the durable metal frame and the waterproof fabric used.
- It includes a one-year warranty.
- It can resist bacteria, mold, mildew, moisture, and odors.
- Usable outdoors or indoors.
- Manufactured with longevity and comfort in mind.
- 🐺【Durable Material】- Raised dog cots with High-impact Textilene fabric(Breathable, scratch-proof, tear-resistant) that provides powerful support for dogs. Additionally, reinforced and anti-rust steel frame that is extremely safe for pets of all sizes.
- 🐺【Elevated Design】- Elevated dog bed increases airflow on all sides of the bed, to keep the bed dry and cool, ease the stress/pain on your pet’s joints. also away from the bugs as well as great ventilation in the warmer weather.
- 🐺【Easy to Use】- Comes with a hex key, our elevated pet bed is easy to assemble or disassemble. Easy to clean the pet hair, dirt, and grime on a mesh, hose the surface (tap water only) or hand wash with mild soap and let air dry. In addition, the feet of the frame with a cap to protect your floor.
- 🐺【Avaliable Size】- Small: 36" x 26" x 8", up to 40 lbs. Medium: 43" x 31.5" x 8", up to 65 lbs. Large: 49"L x 35.5"W x 8"H, up to 85 lbs. The elevated dog cot is ideal for dogs such as Labrador, Akita, and German Shepherd. To use it with a plush cushion and blankets as the season calls to make it softer and warmer in the winter.
- 🐺【Good Service】- We are committed to giving you the good products and services. If you’re not completely satisfied with our elevated dog bed, return it within 30 days of purchase for a complete refund or replacement. Please feel free to contact us.
Giga Tent Elevated Dog Bed with Steel Frame
This raised dog bed can accommodate up to 100 lbs of dog weight and used indoors or outdoors.
The ideal choice for your furry friend who requires a larger-sized bed. This one is comfortable, durable, and sturdy, so there is no need for you to worry if it can hold out for your Frenchie.
Made with a tubular steel frame with polyester material for the bed with just the right elevation. Your furry friend will be away from the dirty floor surface, cold or hot floor, and safe from the uncomfortable sleeping spot.
This raised dog bed is also manufactured with the perfect U-shaped stand that can hold out and has the stability that you require to keep your dog safe while they are using it.
Transport is also easy for this dog bed as it is foldable and can be compact when needed. The inclusion of a heavy-duty storage bag doubles the ease of transport for this dog bed.
- This elevated dog bed is foldable in half for easy transport.
- Durable and sturdy and can hold weight up to a hundred pounds
- With a polyester material that can withstand tear and ripping.
- With the inclusion of a storage bag to also help during transport.
- Cleaning is simple with stress-free maintenance.
- Measures 30" L by 24" W by 28" H. Keeps Your Pet Cool On Warm Days
- Shade Canopy Provides A Cool Place To Rest During Hot Days and Helps Your Pet Feel Safe and Secure
- High Quality 1680D Oxford Fabric and Steel Frame Ensures Long Lasting Usage
- Lightweight and Portable Pet Cot is Easy to Transport and Easy to Assemble
- Breathable Mesh Allows Air Flow To Keep Pets Feeling Cool and Comfortable
Kuranda Dog Bed Chewproof
If your dog is just too high-strung and loves to chew on objects available in your home, it is not unlikely that your Frenchie will also chew on their bed. They made this product for a dog, who are active chewers, and it has a chew-proof design, so it can withstand some chewing.
They can use it indoors or outdoors with its super lightweight feature that makes it easy to transport and move around.
Highly durable and can hold weight up to 250 pounds. Made from solid vinyl fabric that is sturdy yet comfortable. This bed comes at a price, but your pooch will surely love such a magnificent, elevated bed that they cannot chew on.
- Durable and sturdy, plus chew-proof.
- Lightweight and portable for easy transport.
- Aluminum frame that is also as strong and tough, that can last for years.
- Maintenance is easy, and effortless cleaning is required.
- It can hold up to 250 pounds.
- ★Breathable mesh surface★: The sleeping surface of this elevated dog bed is a mesh, very breathable, which can keep your dog cool in the hot summer. Of course, don’t worry if it’s cold, just add a blanket on it You can continue to use it.
- ★Stable and durable★: We have made improvements to the design of the legs for this elevated dog bed. The elevated dog beds on the market generally adopt the round tube leg design. We adjusted the round tube design to a square tube design to make the entire elevated dog bed becomes more durable and stable.
- ★Multiple sizes★: Our elevated dog bed has two sizes for you to choose, the small size is 30"x18.8"x6", which can be used for puppies or cats; the large size is 43"x25"x6.7", can be used for medium and large dogs or a group of cats.
- ★Easy to clean★: the traditional cotton dog bed may take some time to clean and dry if it is dirty, but this elevated dog bed is made of iron and has a washable mesh surface, we can directly wipe it with a damp cloth or Wash with tap water, wipe or dry after washing, and then put it into use immediately.
- ★Suitable for various scenes★: it can be used in the room, in the courtyard, or in the wild. You can imagine that when you have a picnic outdoors, you can take this elevated dog bed. After the dog runs and feel tired, he has a small bed to rest.
K&H Original Pet Bolster Cot Elevated Bed
This is another offering by a company that has been in the business for years, and they continue to make quality products that many people rely on. This is a runner-up for the top spot for the raised dog bed.
The company manufactured this product, which is versatile, highly comfortable, and manageable. There are sizes to choose from depending on your dog’s measurement. They also ensure its comfortability with the breathable mesh, which can prevent bacteria, molds, moisture, and odor at the same time.
As an added luxury for your dog, this dog bed has an optional canopy so your dog will have shade from the sun outdoors.
It is not all about comfort, design, and elegance for this dog bed cause it has a sturdy and durable quality that can hold weight up to 200 pounds. If you Frenchie has some issue with joint pain or hip dysplasia, then this is the one you should go for because of its orthopedic benefits.
- Usable both for indoors or outdoors.
- Components are replaceable, and there is an inclusion of a canopy.
- Recommended by the experts and vets alike.
- The fabric used is waterproof with fluffy cushions for your dog’s added comfort and protection.
- Safe and skid-free rubber feet.
- Simple and easy to assemble with no tools.
- ELEVATED DOG COT: Raised dog bed helps pets stay cool in warm spring and summer months by allowing air to circulate and keeps pets off wet/cold ground with 9" ground clearance
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE: Lifted pet bed with breathable mesh center is great for indoor and outdoor use. Slip resistant rubber feet provide protection for indoor flooring and water resistant mesh center repels moisture and odors
- STRONG & STURDY: Dog cots lightweight metal frame and heavy denier cover holds over 200 pounds, durable and tested for strength
- EASY CLEAN-UP: Removable cover is machine washable and can even be hosed off outdoors
- QUICK & EASY ASSEMBLY: Easy to assemble and disassemble, no tools necessary making this bed great for use during travel, camping, picnicking and more
YEP HHO Elevated Folding Dog Bed-Large
If you are looking for a highly comfortable, durable, and comfy raised bed for your Frenchie, then this is the one you can choose. This pet cot is also best used for larger dog breeds because of its durable construction.
Manufactured with a tough Oxford cloth with a mesh surface for better breathability and comfort to withstand outdoor or indoor use. The design makes it possible for easy folding, and transport is simple.
Your Frenchie will surely love the view up instead of letting them lie on the cold floor. Plus, the non-skid rubber feet will make it safe for your pooch, who loves to jump and skip whenever they like. The rubber feet will also protect your floor from scratch and markings.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance.
- With a compact design and easy transport quality.
- Storage is manageable since it is foldable.
- Constructed with rubber feet, so it is skid-free.
- Oxford cloth with mesh to enhance comfort.
- MATERIAL & COOL: The whole Teslin mesh surface is combined with Oxford cloth to make the fabric more refreshing and wear-resistant, The Pet Bed will make your pup keeping your pet comfy and cool.
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 42"L x 24"W x 9.2"H. Weight: 14 LBS. Reliable, durable and powerful steel frame provide safety and stability for dog jumps, The PVC legs include non-skid rubber feet to help protect your floors from scratches.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Simple folding design for easy storage and use, no need to install again, each product is equipped with an outer bag, easy to carry, suitable for home and travel.
- PROTECT YOUR DOG: the elevated cot protects your best friend from collecting dirt and dust from the floor, good for your pet health.
- EASY TO CLEAN: simply clean the polyester cover by using a wet cloth along with soap, easy to clean and not harm the pet's paw.
Amazon Basics Cooling Elevated Pet Bed
This elevated dog bed is raised for over 7 inches and offers all-around ventilation that every dog requires. The bed will provide the necessary comfort during hot days and during cool weather.
An extra-large dog breed can be accommodated in this type of raised dog bed so a Frenchie will have enough room. Made with an iron frame for that extra durability, strength, and sturdiness that dog owners are looking for.
- With a 7 inches elevation off the ground that will surely provide air circulation all around.
- Used iron frame during manufacture.
- It includes a one-year limited warranty.
- Manufactured using mesh fabric for a highly breathable quality.
- It can accommodate large or small breeds.
- Simple assembly with the needed tools included.
- Breathable mesh fabric helps keep pets cool by allowing air to flow
- Elevates pets more than 7 inches off the ground
- Easy to clean (using tap water only); simple assembly (screws and hex tool included)
- Size S; Overall Dimensions: 35.6 x 21.8 x 7.7 inches; Mesh Dimensions: 28.3 x 22.4 inches
- Recommended for small sized breeds; like a Beagle or Corgi
What are the pros and cons of an elevated dog bed?
- Highly versatile to use even outside or inside the house.
- Maintaining it is easy, and cleaning is simple without requiring frequent washing.
- Provides comfort for the dog in hot or cold weather. It protects your dog from the cold weather as they are cushioned really well using the raised dog bed, and when the weather is scorching hot, the air circulation on every side of the elevated dog bed makes it highly comfortable for the dog as well.
- They make raised dog beds to be lightweight for easy transport.
- Keep odor away and do not acquire mold and mildew, or moisture.
- The raised bed may not have cushions like this memory foam used in orthopedic dog beds.
- Some dogs don’t feel at ease with using their raised bed.
- Some designs are costly.
There are also pros and cons of using a traditional dog bed for your pooch, such as better foam quality that can benefit dogs who have arthritis and difficulty in movement.
Traditional beds, mostly use memory foam bed, which is a high-quality foam that is highly comfortable as well. Dogs who have a problem with movement will prefer a bed where they are not required to climb into or jump out of.
Some dog owners prefer to make a bed for their pets themselves because they want to follow their own design and they want to save money doing so.
The thing is, traditional beds require cleaning as some dog hair gets stuck on the fabric or the foam, and sometimes there is an accumulation of dirt and dust on the bed which can start odor. Your Frenchie may also get too energetic and may chew on their bed since they see it easy to tear apart.
Measuring your dog for their raised bed is simple, it only requires some measuring from the tip of their nose to the tail for the length, and then you need to measure from shoulder to shoulder for the width, then you need to add some inches for the length and the width. This you may require to perform some estimate.
Since there are many elevated dog beds available in the market, the trick now is choosing which is best for your Frenchie. As you find the perfect one for your Frenchie, remember what you have to consider when buying an elevated dog bed, follow that reminder, and you will never go wrong.
Check out our latest post
Last update on 2021-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API